Custom Pool – 10 Myths of Pool Ownership
Here are the top ten myths—and some helpful tips—about owning and maintaining a swimming pool.
1. “I can’t afford a pool.”
Owning a pool is probably a lot easier than you think. There are many reasonably priced options for putting a pool in your backyard. The type of pool, materials, accessories, you choose will influence the cost of the project. You should also remember that your pool will help reduce other expenses, such as the cost of vacations away from home, membership dues to community pools and other recreational activities.
2. “My yard will be ruined for a year and workmen will be around all the time.”
3. “It takes too much time and effort to maintain a pool.”
4. “My electric bill will significantly go up if I own a pool.”
5. “I’m afraid of the risk of accidents and drowning occurring at my pool.”
6. “I am worried about the increased insurance and liability that come with owning a pool.”
7. “Pools require constant repair.”
8. “I’m afraid of getting taken by a dishonest pool builder.”
9. “A pool is a big investment and I’m afraid that financing will be really difficult.”
10. “I’ve heard that pools detract from the appeal of a home in the real estate market instead of adding to it.”
Request A Consultation
If you have questions about a commercial or residential project or would like to schedule a no-obligation, one-on-one consultation with one of our designers, please call us at (972) 317-3500, or fill out the form below.
Download Your FREE Pool Planning Guide!
Are you looking at building your dream backyard oasis? Know where to begin planning your dream by downloading our FREE guide.
Let's Talk About Your Next Project
Outdoor Living Pool & Patio
9067 Teasley Lane
Denton, TX 76210
Request A Quote
You Dream It, We Build It.