13 Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I select the right pool builder?
Make sure to interview your prospective builder very carefully. Here are a few things to consider.
- What is the company’s reputation in the community?
- Can the company provide you with dozens of reliable references or customer report cards?
- How does the company treat you as a potential customer?
- How long has the company been in business, and how long have they been building in your area?
- How many pools have they built?
- Will the company provide you with a clear written estimate so that you’re not confused about what work will be done?
- Will they finish the project on time?
- Is the company in good standing with your local Building Department and the Better Business Bureau?
- Will the company add hidden charges after the construction process has begun?
- Will the company be careful to remove or take care of landscaping and other outdoor structures?
- Will they keep your property clean and safe throughout the construction process?
Aside from being one of the top builders for beautiful and innovative custom pools, Outdoor Living Pool & Patio is also well known within the industry for offering unparalleled customer service. From helping you understand all of the design options, to clearly communicating what you can expect during the construction process, we make sure that you are well informed during each phase of the project.
2. Will a pool increase the value of my home?
3. What about warranties? Is my investment well-protected?
Warranties are very important. At Outdoor Living Pool & Patio, we provide you with the strongest guarantee in the swimming pool industry. We are confident in the product we build and we offer a warranty that backs it up. You should always ask for and compare the warranties when requesting estimates from builders. You should also remember that a warranty is only as good as the company that issues it. Dozens of pool builders go out of business each year. And if they’re gone, so is your warranty.
Outdoor Living Pool & Patio has been building pools for more than 10 years. We build our pools to last, and we’ll always be here to stand by our swimming pools in the future. Anyone can offer a “lifetime warranty,” but if they aren’t in business for the duration of your pool’s life, then you haven’t got much of a warranty.
4. I’ve heard that having a swimming pool can be a lot of work. How much work is involved in owning and caring for a swimming pool?
5. I sometimes see advertisements promising pools at very low prices. Should I consider this option?
It is actually possible to build a pool at a low price. But you should be aware that to build a low cost pool, equipment, structural elements, craftsmanship, and design are all compromised. Besides ending up with a pool that doesn’t fit your property because of improper design, using poor quality construction materials can also put you and your family at risk. The old adage is still true: You get what you pay for.
At Outdoor Living Pool & Patio, we know that the cost difference between a great job and a poor job doesn’t have to be significant. Your Outdoor Living professional will work with you to determine a budget that meets your needs. We can custom design your pool to fit your financial parameters, and we’ll also help you secure the appropriate financing. The end result is a beautiful and dependable custom pool that is affordable and within your budget.
6. Why do cost estimates vary so much when the pools seem to be the same?
The price of a pool is determined by much more than just the size and shape of that pool. Unfortunately, many contractors don’t include important factors that affect cost in the actual estimate they give you. This also means that you can get hit with hidden charges after construction has begun. Some important things to consider are:
- Quality of Materials
- Design Expertise
- Underground Strength and Durability
- Customer Service
- Time Required for Construction
Outdoor Livings’ estimates always include the highest quality materials available, superior craftsmanship, expert design, and unparalleled customer service. You also get the knowledge and expertise of more than 10 years of custom pool building experience. And we never submit a low introductory bid with the intent of making expensive changes later.
7. What factors affect the cost of my swimming pool?
Much of the variation in price is based on what is called “hardscape.” Hardscape is what is placed around your pool to enhance its design. The size and materials used in your deck, patios, waterfalls, gazebos, planter walls, and other features can be simple or sensational. As the customer, you have the greatest influence on your total budget as you control the design of your pool’s hardscape.
8. Is financing readily available for this type of project?
You can also use your swimming pool financing to generate additional funds for other home improvement projects or to pay off other high interest, non-deductible credit cards. This often results in savings that literally pay for the home improvement.
9. Should I consider building my own pool as a homeowner?
10. How should I decide on the design of my pool?
11. I have a small and difficult yard to work with. Can I still have a pool?
12. Are there any additional options available to add to my pool?
Ready to discuss your outdoor living project? Give us a call at 972-317-3500 or CLICK HERE!
Download Your FREE Pool Planning Guide
Are you looking at building your dream backyard oasis? Know where to begin planning your dream by downloading our FREE guide.
Absolute pleasure working with Outdoor Living Pool & Patio. Tanner kicked it off with an extremely quick rendition (within 24 hours) of what our upgraded backyard would look like and kept our selections on track. Mason was in control of our construction process and was always professional, time conscious and available to answer our questions at all hours. He took the time to explain each step and never hesitated to answer the many questions we had as new pool owners. We are excited to enjoy our new pool, kitchen, and patio!
- Kevin Ray | Google Review
- Brandon Taylor | Google Review
- Joey Shea | Google Review
Let's talk about your new backyard oasis today!
Contact us about your project ideas and we can give you a FREE custom quote.